Thursday 17 June 2010

The opening post

Thanks to Drew Conway over at ZIA, I've been inspired to finally start up a blog that isn't just full of my inane ramblings (well mostly anyway). I've often had sudden urges to start writing about my passion of genetics, but I've finally been convinced that this is actually going to be of some benefit. Drew gives 10 great reasons why grad students should blog, and I have to admit the view the faculty had of bloggers was one of my personal barriers. Why was it a barrier? It shouldn't have been because I don't even know their opinions! More fool me.

So here is my attempt to blog and write about my passion for genetics, and hopefully use it as a platform to test ideas, wax lyrical (I promise not too much), but also to help hone my critical thinking skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment